Saturday, December 17, 2011

Looking Ahead

In running, it's obviously a good idea to keep your head up and your eyes on the path ahead. In blogging, it seems the same is true. At least for me.

A few nights ago, while I was working on a seemingly endless order at work, I started thinking about resuscitating this blog. Admittedly, I haven't put nearly as much time or effort into this portion of the Running With the Locals brand (it sounds weird to call it a brand, but that's the best word I can think of to describe what I'm doing), and I felt like trying to bring something else to the table, besides the occasional video on YouTube and comment on Facebook. I hadn't forgotten about the blog. That's actually where the origins of this whole endeavor lie. If I hadn't started blogging about running on my Running Journal blog, then I probably wouldn't have started making videos. And if I hadn't started running at all, then I wouldn't have had much to blog about. So this seemed like a way to get back to my roots, in a world-wide-web kind of way.

Once I started thinking about getting back into blogging, it just took over my brain. That's also how I usually end up starting an early day: I just can't stop the wheels once they start spinning.

So I grabbed some paper and started jotting down ideas for blog topics, and also a few ideas for some recurring posts. I think the latter came from my experiments with video segments this year. They came to me organically, and some seemed to have promise (if I would give them a chance to grow before moving on to something else!).

I think this may end up being a nice component of RWtL, and it could end up being an outlet for things that I can't, for whatever reason, create with video. I certainly hope it will, anyway.

RWtL

No comments:

Post a Comment