Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thoughts from a sleepless morning

Being on third shift is great for some things. It allows me a bit more flexibility when it comes to appointments and getting the kids to and from school, things like that. But when it comes to the weekend, all bets are off.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I worked overnight, came home and slept for about 3 hrs, then got up to meet Lincoln and visit the Live From 725 set. After that, it was time to pick up the kids from their schools, then a brief pause before turning around and heading back to work for a 6 hr shift.

Please don't think I'm complaining, because I am glad to be employed and to have the opportunity to get some OT. I'm just illustrating one particular day.

After work, I get home and everyone is up, so we caught up on our days events. I don't end up crawling into bed until after midnight, but I am asleep in no time. Fast forward to about 5 hrs later, and I wake up to a quiet house but can't seem to get back to sleep. This is how most of my Saturday mornings are.

I start thinking about RWtL: ideas for videos, trying to get someone to write some theme music, things like that. At that point, it is pointless to even try to get back to sleep. It just ain't happening right now.

I get up with the intention of getting some of these ideas out of my head and onto paper, but I get sidetracked by email/facebook/blogger. Nothing new there, but I should know better. I did manage to get a few things jotted down (theme music, get out and actually run with some locals, a list of some notable locals to run with), but it wasn't worth getting out of bed before sunrise.

So, to recap, I am about a day behind on sleep, and I have a few flimsy ideas to try to build on to make RWtL more interesting and, hopefully, successful (whatever that means).

No comments:

Post a Comment